Orange Creamsicle ice-cream cake
Orange Creamsicle ice-cream cake is a very delicious, easy and so tasty recipe. Are often as simple or as fancy as you please.
Ingredients for Orange Creamsicle ice-cream cake :
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp salted butter, room temperature
2 egg whites
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
3 tbsp hot water
3 tbsp orange JELLO powder*
Ice Cream Layers
12 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
12 oz Cool Whip
3 oz package orange JELLO powder, less 3 tbsp*
2 tbsp hot water
2 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz Cool Whip
orange candy slices
orange gel icing color
*You need one 3 oz package of orange JELLO powder. 3 tbsp will be used for the cake, the rest will go into the ice cream layer.
- 8-inch springform pans are best for this recipe so that you can easily remove the cake once it’s been assembled.
- If you do not have a springform pan, line your pan with clear wrap before adding your parchment paper and cake board.
- You can use the clear warp to lift your cake out of the pan once it’s assembled and frozen.
You want to make your cake layers in the same pan you’ll use for layering the ice cream and cake together so that the cake layers fit in the final pan you use for layering.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- 2. Whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- 3. Add egg whites, butter, sour cream, vanilla, and milk and mix on medium speed just until smooth. Do not over mix.
- 4. Spread batter evenly into a cake pan.
- 5. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
- 6. Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- 7. Once the cake has cooled, remove the dome from a cake with a large serrated knife. Poke holes in the top of the cake with something like the end of a wooden spoon, or a straw.
- 8. Combine orange JELLO and hot water in a small bowl, then spoon mixture over the cake and spread it so that it goes into the holes.
- 1. To make the ice cream layers, beat sugar and the cream cheese in a mixer bowl until smooth.
- 2. Add milk and mix until smooth.
- 3. Fold in Cool Whip.
- 4. Divide mixture evenly between two bowls.
- 5. Combine hot water and remainder of orange JELLO powder in a small bowl. Fold into one of the bowls with half of the ice cream mixture.
- 6. Add vanilla to the opposite half the frozen dessert mixture.
- Line the edges of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- The parchment paper should stick up above the highest fringe of the pan since the cake will probably be a touch taller than your pan.
- If you would like , put a cardboard cake circle within the bottom of the pan.
- If not employing a springform pan, you’ll put some wrapping within the bottom of the pan and up the edges and use it to lift the cake out of the pan when it’s done.NOTE: you ought to be using an equivalent 8-inch pan you used for the cake. Not all 8-inch pans are precisely the same size. Your cake must slot in this pan.
- 2. Put the cake layer into the bottom of your pan.
- 3. The highest cake with vanilla ice cream and spread into a good layer.
- 4. Add the orange frozen dessert and spread it into a good layer.
- 5. Allow frozen dessert cake to freeze completely, 6-8 hours.
- 6. When frozen, remove from springform pan and remove parchment paper from sides.
- 7. to end off the cake, ice the surface with additional Cool Whip. you’ll use gel icing color to form it orange if you favor .
- Pipe additional Cool Whip around the top edges and top with orange candy slices.
- 8. Freeze until able to serve.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Light cherry and almond milk smoothie
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Ice-Cream Red Fruit Cake
- Ice cream cakeuvre un nouvel onglet)