Beef and Cheese Burritos
Beef and Cheese Burritos is a delicious Mexican recipe that’s quick and easy to prepare. If you want to eat something nutritious and don’t have a lot of time, this is the recipe for you. You can serve the burritos with a salad.
A big batch of those beef and cheese burritos makes lunches quick and straightforward for anyone who wants to grab one and head out the door. Reheat them in the microwave for all the flavor you crave.
After a busy day, this is a dish that I can get on the table fast. The recipe happened totally by accident: I started throwing things together and shortly I had a winner. Everyone who has tried these burritos goes home with the recipe.
Watch the way to get the youngsters involved in making a simple burrito recipe. These Cheesy Beef Burritos are fun to form and even as tasty to eat.
Here are the necessary ingredients as well as the preparation steps.
Ingredients for Beef and Cheese Burritos:
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can (19 fl oz/540 mL) Black beans free of salt, rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa (Click on Sauce: Salsa)
- 3/4 cup shredded Cracker Barrel Light Cheddar Cheese
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas (Click on Recipe: Homemade tortillas)
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- Brown meat with chili powder in large skillet. Add beans and salsa; cook 5 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese.
- Spoon meat mixture down centers of tortillas; top with sour cream, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Fold in opposite sides of every tortilla, then roll up burrito-style.
- Total fat 12 g 18 %
- Saturated fat 4.5 g 23 %
- Cholesterol 40 mg
- Sodium 790 mg 33 %
- Total carbohydrate 57 g 19 %
- Dietary fiber 11 g 44 %
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 29 g
- Vitamin A 20 %
- Vitamin C 25 %
- Calcium 25 %
- Iron 30 %
RECIPES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Chinese Macaroni with Ground Beef
- Our best Italian stir-fried chicken recipe
- Light cherry and almond milk smoothie
- Moroccan semolina with yogurt and almond