Homemade salsa is easy and quick recipe. It’s rich and smooth and is often eaten with tacos and fajitas or with tortilla chips and salsa are a way of life. A staple food in our home. This salsa is one of the easiest to make, and it’s one of my personal favorites.
From now on, you can stop buying it from abroad with simple ingredients, now you can prepare it at home and it will not take much of your time.This recipe takes a short cut in using canned tomatoes and fresh ingredients. Which means it can be put together within minutes. You can also use fresh tomatoes instead!
In my opinion, this is the best recipe for salsa. I love the fresh taste of this homemade salsa and therefore the incontrovertible fact that it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. It’s also very versatile. I use this salsa for my lunch and dinner. I also love serving it with scrambled tofu for breakfast and of course as a heathy dip with crackers. Personally, I prefer the salsa when it’s finely diced rather than processed in a food processor. Most of the time if I process it, I eat the salsa as a cold soup like I showed you in the video.
Today, I’ll show you how to make mild salsa at home with ingredients found in every home and in very easy steps just follow my steps and you will make it best salsa and you will stop to buy it from outside. This salsa is an awesome healthy snack idea.
Here are the necessary ingredients as well as the steps.
Ingredients for Homemade salsa:
- 3 large cans of Italian tomatoes (remove the juice)
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 hot peppers, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250 ml of white vinegar (add a little vinegar at a time to taste each addition)
- 1 C. cumin
- 1 C. oregano
- 3 tbsp. tablespoon of sugar
- 3 tbsp. coarse salt
- 2 cans of concentrated tomato
- Put all the ingredients in a pot and cook uncovered over medium heat for 45 minutes
- During cooking, stir regularly by breaking the tomatoes into small pieces
- Place in sterilized jars to keep them longer
Tips for the Best Salsa
Use freshest ingredients.
Dont puree the salsa, some texture is a good thing here.
Let the homemade salsa chill first for an even tastier, more refreshing salsa. I just always seem to like it better the second day.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Chinese Macaroni with Ground Beef
- Our best Italian stir-fried chicken recipe
- Light cherry and almond milk smoothie
- Moroccan semolina with yogurt and almond